2013 NKT-IKBU International Fall Festival, Portugal
Booking Terms & Conditions
|PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY even if you have previously booked for a Kadampa Festival as there are some important changes in particular with respect to DEPOSITS and REFUNDS.|
Separate Booking Required for Each Person: All bookings should be made online. A separate booking is required for each person attending. It is possible however, to add several bookings to the same booking cart by clicking on the ‘make another booking’ button whilst in your booking cart. A booking will only be accepted when made using the online form, and when all necessary information and minimum deposits have been received (see below for Booking Status information). Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
How to Make a Booking: Step by Step instructions can be found on the Fall Festival website ‘How to Book’ page, or downloaded here.
Booking Status: Once you have made a booking, your booking status will be displayed in your online booking cart.
- Incomplete:means that there is still some action you need to take E.g. Supply passport/ID card number, give names/booking reference number of room-mates, minimum deposit has not been paid.
- In Progress:means that you have submitted all the necessary information, and that the Festival Registration team is now confirming that the information is correct and that all your booking options are available. This stage may take some time especially when booking initially opens due to the number of bookings received.
- Confirmed: means that the Festival Registration team have confirmed that the necessary information has been provided and minimum payment has been received. A confirmation letter will be sent, you will also be able to see this status update in your booking cart. If any of the information in your booking cart/confirmation letter is incorrect, please notify Festival Registration using the ‘contact us’ button. It is important to use the ‘contact us’ button in your booking cart as this ensures that we are able to correctly locate your booking.
- Complete: A booking status will only change to complete when payment has been received in full and all required information is received. Several hotels require deposits to be paid at different intervals and also require full-payment before arrival (Specific information for each hotel can be found on the accommodation page, please read it carefully so that you understand clearly when payments are due and what is refundable/non-refundable).
You will receive a letter confirming the details of your booking and payment: Please keep this safe and bring it with you to the Festival. If you are not able to show your confirmation letter you will be required to show some form of photographic identification (eg passport) in order to register for the Festival.
Refund Policy: Please read the following information carefully
- Festival Fee: If you cancel before the start of the Festival we will refund all except the non-refundable 25% deposit on the Festival Fee part of your booking. Once the Festival has started, no refunds are given if you cancel all or part of your Festival. Exceptions may be made in circumstances such as sickness or bereavement; you should apply by e-mail to the NKT Treasurer [email protected] within 2 weeks of the end of each Festival.
- Festival Accommodation: The refund policy for each hotel is stated clearly on the Accommodation page of the Fall Festival website. NKT-IKBU cannot refund any non-refundable deposits/payments in the event of cancellation or early departure with respect to accommodation. You are strongly advised to take out a suitable Travel Insurance policy to cover any such unforeseen circumstances.
- Airport Transfers: Payment is required in full according to the conditions stated in the Travel Info page on the Festival website. Cancellations will be refunded in full up to the date specified, after which no refunds can be given.
- Any non-refunded fees arising from cancellations are donated to the NKT-IKBU International Temples Project.
Festival Hotels: Essential information for each hotel is clearly stated on the Accommodation page of the Festival Website, together with payment/cancellation details. All prices stated are per room or apartment per night.
- ONLY ONE PERSON should book the room.
- ROOM-MATES should select the option ‘sharing a room’ NB: this means sharing a room with someone you know who has already booked a room. We will not directly allocate room-mates.
- The full cost of the accommodation will show in the booking cart of the person who booked the room, and therefore they are liable for the whole cost. You can however share the link to your booking cart with your room-mates to allow them to directly make a payment against the booking.
- Before your booking can be confirmed 1) The person who booked the room MUST supply the names of all room- mates, 2) Those who have booked to share a room that someone else has booked MUST supply the name AND booking reference number of the person who booked the room.
Early Arrivals and Late Stays: Accommodation will be available to book through the Festival booking system for 1 night before and 1 night after, only at Hotel Pestana Cascais. This can be booked irrespective of whether you are staying there during the Festival. For all other hotels, please contact the hotel directly. If you do wish to arrive early, you are advised to book as soon as possible to ensure availability.
Children (under 16) are welcome to attend the Festival however, some special conditions apply. Please see Festival Kids page of the Fall Festival website for more information. In particular please note that 2 adult carers must be nominated for all children’s bookings, and bookings can only be confirmed on receipt of the required photographs of the 2 adult carers. Due to the public nature of the Festival, children’s safety and welfare is the responsibility of their nominated carers at all times.
Special Festival rates apply for children. Festival Fee: 0-7 FREE, 8-15 years – 50% discount, 16+ years – full adult price. Accommodation: The children’s pricing policy for each hotel is clearly stated on the Accommodation page on the Fall Festival website. In general, children are charged as adults from age 12+ in Portuguese hotels, however, there are variations from hotel to hotel. Airport Transfer: Children are charged in full as the price is for a seat on the bus.
The Courses You Will Attend: The 2013 Fall Festival begins on the evening of 25 October and will end with the Festival Play Life of Atisha, at lunchtime on Thursday 31 October – see Programme page on website for more info.
Translation Facilities: All Festival Teaching, Reviews, Meditations and Retreat Sessions will be conducted in English. We can provide simultaneous translation into Mandarin, Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese. Please book in advance as space is limited. Other languages may be provided subject to demand and availability of a translator. Please do not book for a translation/assisted listening place if you do not require this facility.
Special Needs: The Festival Site is fully accessible and is on three levels. Access to the Teaching Marquee will be ramped. Please write to us in advance if you have any special requirements. We will do our best to meet your needs. If you have special needs with respect to your accommodation, please contact us before booking opens so that we can discuss the best options.
Meals: Unless otherwise stated, breakfast is included in the Festival accommodation price. Due to the central location of the Festival venue, lunch and dinner will not be offered as part of the Festival. However, we will have onsite, a range of food options including vegetarian/vegan snacks and light meals.