HOW TO BOOK
|PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY even if you have previously booked for a Kadampa Festival as there are some important changes to the booking system.||Book Now|
Please note that after Tuesday evening, October 22nd, GMT, while you can make a new booking, you will not be able to make any changes to your booking cart online. Any changes will need to be made in person at the Festival site in Cascais.
1. On 25 February, 2013 a ‘book now’ button will appear on the Fall Festival website (this will appear a few hours before booking opens). Booking opening time will be posted on the website – so please check for updates if not already posted.Click on the button – you will then have 2 options:
- Create an Account: this will be your personal account which can be used for all NKT-IKBU International Festival bookings meaning you will be able to see all your booking carts in one account. Creating an account will save time when the actual booking goes live, as your personal information will automatically be inserted in the booking form. For 2013 Fall Festival, as this is the first time you will have the option, you will be able to create an account as soon as the ‘book now’’’ button goes live. Once you have created an account, you will then follow the steps from point 2 below.
- Book without creating an account: you will follow the steps below.
2. You will be invited to read and accept the booking terms and conditions. Please read these carefully as there are some important differences particularly with respect to deposit and cancellation policies.
3. A countdown clock will then appear which will automatically proceed to the booking form at the assigned booking opening time.
4. Personal Information: you will be asked for the following personal information when submitting your booking. If you have already created an account some of this info will auto fill.
- Name as it appears on your passport/national ID card (EU national ID card), and Nationality: If ordained, you will be asked to supply this information in addition to your ordained name.
- Address and Email Address
- Contact Telephone Number: in case we need to contact you urgently about your booking.
- Which NKT Centre you attend (if you attend one): The whole event is organized by volunteers, this information helps us allocate volunteering opportunities most effectively.
- Gender: this is required info – it is not always possible to tell from your name.
- Children’s Bookings: additional information is required, please see Festival Kids page for more details.
5. Select the booking options you require.
- Festival Attendance: you will have the option to book for the whole event or to select specific days.
- Airport Transfers, Translation/Assisted Listening. Please notify us of any Special Needs in the comments box.
6. You will then have the opportunity to review your booking information before submitting
PLEASE NOTE: Accommodation booking (if required) will be made at a later stage.
7. Booking Cart: Your booking cart will now display, if you wish to Add Accommodation you can do so here, or Proceed to Payment.
8. Add Accommodation: In your booking cart you have the opportunity to add accommodation. This can either be added before submitting your initial booking, or at a later stage by logging into your booking cart. Please ensure that you have read and understood all the booking conditions of your selected hotel prior to making the booking.
- You will be directed to an accommodation booking page which looks very similar to the accommodation page displayed on the Festival website so that it is easy to recognise which hotel you wish to book for. To make a booking, click on the booking button next to a specific hotel. If your option is sold out you will be directed back to the accommodation page to select another hotel.
- You now have 2 options: 1. Book a Room/ Apartment or, 2. Share a Room/Apartment (with someone you know who has booked a room). Only ONE PERSON SHOULD BOOK A ROOM.
- Provide the names and/or booking reference number of room-mates. If you booked a room, you are required to list the name of your room-mates. If you do not know them at this point they can be added later through your booking cart. If you are sharing a room, you are required to give the name and booking reference number of the person who booked the room that you will be sharing. Please Note: until room-mate information is supplied, your booking is incomplete.
9. Proceed to Payment: A minimum deposit is required and will be calculated automatically. Festival Fee – 25% non-refundable; Airport Transfers – 100% non-refundable after the date specified on the website; Accommodation – please see specific hotel information for details.You will be redirected to a secure payment page where you can enter your credit/debit card details. A ‘payment confirmed’’’ message will be displayed when the transaction has been successfully completed.You will now receive an email with a link to your booking cart. Please keep this information in a secure place so that you can access your booking cart later.
10. Booking Status: Your booking status will be displayed in your booking cart.
- Incomplete:means that there is still some action you need to take E.g. Supply passport/ID card number, give names/booking reference number of room-mates, minimum deposit has not been paid.
- In Progress:means that you have submitted all the necessary information, and that the Festival Registration team is now confirming that the information is correct and that all your booking options are available. This stage may take some time especially when booking initially opens due to the number of bookings received.
- Confirmed: means that the Festival Registration team have confirmed that the necessary information has been provided and minimum payment has been received. A confirmation letter will be sent, you will also be able to see this status update in your booking cart. If any of the information in your booking cart/confirmation letter is incorrect, please notify Festival Registration using the ‘contact us’’’ button. It is important to use the ‘contact us’’’ button in your booking cart as this ensures that we are able to correctly locate your booking.
- Complete: A booking status will only change to complete when payment has been received in full and all required information is received. Several hotels require deposits to be paid at different intervals and also require full-payment before arrival (Specific information for each hotel can be found on the accommodation page, please read it carefully so that you understand clearly when payments are due and what is refundable/non-refundable).