|PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY|
Separate Booking Required for Each Person: All bookings should be made online. A separate booking is required for each person attending. It is possible however, to add several bookings to the same booking cart by clicking on the ‘make another booking’ button whilst in your booking cart. A booking will only be accepted when made using the online form, and when all necessary information and minimum deposits have been received (see below for Booking Status information). Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
How to Make a Booking: Step by Step instructions can be found on the Spring Festival website ‘How to Book’ page.
Booking Status: Once you have made a booking, your booking status will be displayed in your online booking cart.
- Incomplete: means that there is still some action you need to take E.g. give names/booking reference number of room-mates (if you have booked for a twin room), minimum deposit has not been paid.
- In Progress: means that you have submitted all the necessary information, and that the Festival Registration team is now confirming that the information is correct and that all your booking options are available. This stage may take some time especially when booking initially opens due to the number of bookings received.
- Confirmed: means that the Festival Registration team have confirmed that the necessary information has been provided and minimum payment has been received. A confirmation letter will be sent, you will also be able to see this status update in your booking cart. If any of the information in your booking cart/confirmation letter is incorrect, please notify Festival Registration using the ‘contact us’ button. It is important to use the ‘contact us’ button in your booking cart as this ensures that we are able to correctly locate your booking.
- Complete: A booking status will only change to complete when payment has been received in full and all required information is received. If you pay your balance in full before you arrive we will amend your booking to complete. If you pay your balance when you arrive for the Festival, you will see this updated in your account after all the registration data has been entered.
You will receive a letter confirming the details of your booking and payment: Please keep this safe and bring it with you to the Festival. If you are not able to show your confirmation letter you will be required to show some form of photographic identification (eg passport) in order to register for the Festival.
Refund Policy: Please read the following information carefully
- Festival Fee, Accommodation & Meals: If you cancel before Friday 22 May we will refund all except the non-refundable 25% deposit. From Friday 22 May, no refunds are given if you cancel all or part of your Festival. Exceptions may be made in circumstances such as sickness or bereavement; you should apply by e-mail to the NKT Treasurer [email protected] within 2 weeks of the end of each Festival.
- Any non-refunded fees arising from cancellations are donated to the NKT-IKBU International Temples Project.
Early Arrivals and Late Stays: Accommodation is available to book through the Festival booking system for 3 nights before and 1 night after the Festival. Indoor spaces are limited however and so you are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment. Please indicate on the booking form if you will be attending the Ordination Ceremony. Please note: only those already ordained, or receiving ordination can attend the Ceremony.
Children (under 16) are welcome to attend the Festival however, some special conditions apply. Please see Festival Kids page of the Spring Festival website for more information. In particular please note that 2 responsible adult carers must be nominated for all children’s bookings, and bookings can only be confirmed on receipt of the required photographs of the 2 adult carers. Due to the public nature of the Festival, children’s safety and welfare is the responsibility of their nominated responsible adult carers at all times.
Special Festival rates apply for children. Festival Fee: 0-7 FREE, 8-15 years – 50% discount, 16+ years – full adult price.
Accommodation: Children occupying a bed in Twin or Double rooms are required to pay full price (unless 3 years or under and sharing a bed with parents = Free). Under 16s cannot be accommodated in Shared Rooms or Dormitories.
Children who are camping (in parents own tent) are free of charge. It is not permitted for those under 16 to sleep in their own tent, but must share with an adult family member/nominated carer.
Children who are camping (in a ready-erected tent) are free of charge only if they do not take up an additional person space. Eg. 2 person tent = 2 people + child. Once the child is old enough to require their own bed space, they will be charged as an adult.
The Courses You Will Attend: The 2015 Spring Festival begins on the evening of 22 May and will end with the final session of retreat, at lunchtime on Wednesday 27 May – see Programme page on website for more info.
Translation Facilities: All Festival Teaching, Reviews, Meditations and Retreat Sessions will be conducted in English. We can provide simultaneous translation into Mandarin, Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Greek and Portuguese. Please book in advance as space is limited. Other languages may be provided subject to demand and availability of a translator. Please do not book for a translation/assisted listening place if you do not require this facility.
Special Needs: There are toilet and shower facilities available for disabled people. Access to the Temple and main building is ramped but we regret some areas of the Priory are inaccessible to wheelchair users. It is necessary to write to us in advance if you have any special requirements. We will do our best to meet your needs. Please contact [email protected]
Parking Vouchers: To cover the field rental for extra parking space, there is a small daily charge for car parking. If you are disabled and need parking space a little nearer the building please tick the box. There is no charge for disabled parking.