2017 SPRING FESTIVAL BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY|
Separate Booking Required for Each Person: All bookings should be made online. A separate booking is required for each person attending. It is possible to add several bookings to the same booking cart by clicking on the ‘make another booking’ button whilst in your booking cart.
A booking will only be accepted when made using the online form, and when all necessary information and minimum deposits have been received (see below for Booking Status information). Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
How to Make a Booking: Step by Step instructions can be found on the ‘How to Book’ page.
Booking Confirmation & ID: You will receive an email confirming the details of your booking and payment: Please keep this safe and bring it with you to the Festival. If you are not able to show your confirmation letter you will be required to show some form of photographic identification (eg passport) in order to register for the Festival.
Refund Policy: Please read the following information carefully
- Festival Fee: If you cancel before Friday May 26 we will refund all except the non-refundable 25% deposit. If you cancel on or after Friday May 26, no refunds are given if you cancel all or part of your Festival.
- Onsite Accommodation (at MKMC): If you have booked single, twin/double, or shared room accommodation and cancel your accommodation up to and including May 17, we will retain your 25% deposit. Full payment is required by May 17 and is non-refundable unless we are able to re-sell your room. Indoor Dormitory, Marquee Dormitory, Own Tent, Pre-Erected Tent, or Own Campervan accommodation, are subject to the same terms as the ‘Festival Fee’ listed above.
- Meals: If you cancel before Friday May 26 we will refund all except the non-refundable 25% deposit. If you cancel on or after Friday May 26, no refunds are given.
- Offsite Accommodation: Details of the deposit & refund policy for each of the offsite accommodation options is clearly stated on the ‘accommodation’ page of the main Spring Festival website, and is subject to the contractual obligations with the accommodation providers.
- Hotel & Airport Shuttles: Full payment is required to secure your place on the bus – this will automatically be calculated when you make your booking. Due to contractual obligations this is refundable only up to 1 month before the start of the Festival (26 May), after this date the fee paid is non-refundable. If there is insufficient demand for a bus at a particular time, we will notify you in writing, in this case the fee paid will either be credited against your remaining Festival balance, or if you have a zero balance, we will refund you in full.
- Any non-refunded fees arising from cancellations are donated to the NKT-IKBU International Temples Project.
- Exceptions: May be made in special circumstances such as sickness or bereavement; you should apply by e-mail to the NKT Treasurer[email protected] within 2 weeks of the end of each Festival. This applies to Festival Fee and onsite accommodation.
Early Arrivals and Late Stays: On-site accommodation is available to book through the Festival booking system for 3 nights before and 1 night after the Festival. Indoor spaces are limited however and so you are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment. Please indicate on the booking form if you will be attending the Ordination Ceremony. Please note: only those already ordained, or receiving ordination can attend the Ceremony.
Children (15 and under) are welcome to attend the Festival however, some special conditions apply. Please see Festival Kids page of the Spring Festival website for more information. In particular please note that 2 responsible adult carers must be nominated for all children’s bookings, and bookings can only be confirmed on receipt of the required photographs of the 2 adult carers. Due to the public nature of the Festival, children’s safety and welfare is the responsibility of their nominated responsible adult carers at all times. NKT-IKBU does not assume responsibility for children attending the Festival.
Young Adults (16 & 17 year olds) Young Adults cannot be accommodated in shared accommodation with adults other than their parents/legal guardians or family members, unless they have a completed permission/waiver form signed by their parent/legal guardian. The signed waiver must be received by Festival registration before being allowed to check into shared accommodation.
Special Festival rates apply for children:
Festival Fee: 0-7 FREE, 8-15 years – 50% discount, 16+ years – full adult price.
Accommodation: Children occupying a bed in Twin or Double rooms are required to pay full price (unless 3 years or under and sharing a bed with parents = Free). Under 16s cannot be accommodated in Shared Rooms or Dormitories.
Children who are camping (in parents own tent) are free of charge. It is not permitted for those under 16 to sleep in their own tent, but must share with an adult family member/nominated carer.
In general children aged 3 or under who are camping (in a ready-erected tent) are free of charge and children aged 4 and over will be counted as a paying person. Children aged 3 or under who are camping (in a ready-erected tent) are free of charge if they do not take up an additional person space. Eg. 2 person tent = 2 paying people + child
Festival Meals: Children’s portions are available for those aged 12 and under will be charged at 50% of the full price.
The Courses You Will Attend: The 2017 Spring Festival begins on the evening of 26 May and will end with the final session of retreat, at lunchtime on Wednesday May 31– see Programme page on website for more info.
Translation Facilities: All Festival Teaching, Reviews, Meditations and Retreat Sessions will be conducted in English. We can provide simultaneous translation into Mandarin, Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Greek and Portuguese. Please book in advance as space is limited. Other languages may be provided subject to demand and availability of a translator. Please do not book for a translation/assisted listening place if you do not require this facility.
Special Needs: There are toilet and shower facilities available for disabled people. Access to the Temple and main building is ramped but we regret some areas of the Priory are inaccessible to wheelchair users. It is necessary to write to us in advance if you have any special requirements. We will do our best to meet your needs. Please contact [email protected]
Parking Vouchers: To cover the field rental for extra parking space, there is a small daily charge for car parking. If you are disabled and need parking space a little nearer the building please tick the box. There is no charge for disabled parking for registered blue badge holders.