International Summer Festival 2021
July 30 - 14 Aug
Terms and conditions for online participation
Because the terms of this Festival are unique, please be sure to read all the information below to avoid disappointment
The 2021 Summer Festival is unique. For the first time we are presenting a blended Festival that is both in-person and online.
For those who have participated in previous online Festivals, which were pre-recorded and online only, this Festival will work differently so please be sure to familiarise yourself with the new procedures..
All sessions will be live in the Temple at Manjushri KMC at the advertised UK times, with live translation.
The recording of the live teachings and meditations in English will then be rebroadcast in different time zones.
Depending on the time zone, live translation in some languages may be offered.
You will need to book for a specific time zone, and the links you receive will be specific to the time zone you have booked. It will not be possible to access the sessions in a different timezone.
Details of the time zones and the languages offered in each can be found on the Program and Time Zone page.
5 IMPORTANT POINTS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
- The empowerment of Heruka and Vajrayogini is in 4 sessions
- You must attend all four sessions to have received the empowerment
- Each empowerment session will be broadcast only ONCE in the time zone that you have booked for
- To attend the Festival and receive the empowerments, you must be available at the time they are being broadcast (see timetable page for details of the time zones)
- To receive the commentary you must have received the empowerments
There will be an opportunity to catch up on missed teaching, meditation and retreat sessions online. These will be available 48 hours after the original session time and will be available online until 23:59 (UK time) on 4 September.
Registration is necessary: Links for the online streamed sessions are intended for the registered recipient only and should not be shared.
Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
How to Make a Booking: Step by step instructions can be found on the ‘How to Book’ page.
Payment, Cancellation & Refund Policy: Please read the following information carefully.
Booking & Payment
- Online Bookings are for either week 1 only, week 2 only, or the whole event.
- Bookings made more than 7 days before the start of the Festival: A minimum 25% deposit is required at the time of booking. Bookings without the minimum deposit will be cancelled automatically after 72 hours, after which it will be necessary to make a new booking.
- Full payment required 7 days before the start of the Festival: All bookings must be paid in full by 22 July. Bookings made after this date require full payment at time of booking. If the payment does not go through, the booking will be cancelled after 24 hours.
- Late Bookings: You must book at least 24 hours in advance. For online bookings this means before 19:30 hours (UK) on July 29 if booking for the whole event or week 1 only. If booking for week 2 only you must book by 09:00 hours on August 5. Bookings made within 24 hours of the start of the Festival (UK time) which do not have a valid payment will be automatically cancelled. You must check your booking cart status after making a payment to confirm it has been successful. All empowerment sessions will be available at the scheduled time only. If your booking is received within 24 hours of the start of the Festival (UK time) then we cannot guarantee that you will receive the links in time if a large number of late bookings are received.
- To guarantee that you receive the links in time to join the empowerments please do not book last minute.
Cancellations and Refunds:
- Online Festival Cancellations - A £5 admin fee will be retained for online festival cancellations for week 1 or both weeks, up to 1am (current UK time) Wednesday 28 July, and up to 1am (current UK time) Wednesday 4 August for week 2 only bookings. After this, all fees are non-refundable. Once the links have been sent, no refunds can be given.
Translation: All Festival teaching, meditations and retreat sessions will be conducted in English. Live translation will be available depending on the time-zone you are in. Full details are on the Program & Time Zone page. The links you receive will be specific to the time zone you book for, so please book the nearest time zone offering the language you require.
Audio Recordings: May be ordered at the time of booking, or added to your cart later up to 1 month after the Festival (14 September 2021, or 15 September for those in HKT and AEST time zones). Recordings may only be ordered for sessions that you have registered for. Recordings are for the sole use of the registered recipient and should not be shared. Audio recordings are for the teaching sessions only and do not include the empowerments, Tantra Q&A, guided meditation or retreat sessions.
Streamed Sessions: As is the case for those attending the live in-person Festival, there will be one opportunity only to receive the empowerments and Tantra Q&A in each of the designated Festival time zones. It is not possible to receive the empowerments at any other time. In order to receive the commentary, you must have had the empowerment. Meditation, teaching and retreat sessions will be available on an on-demand basis 48 hours after the original session time.